Saturday, October 22, 2011

Antoher day, another Doomsday prediction...

Thank you, Harold Camping! I'm referring to the man who said the world would come to an end in May but then changed his mind to October 21.

I'm still here. Either the world didn't end, or I didn't notice.

The reason I'm thanking our friend Harold is that the Bible plainly states that we will NOT know when the end of the world will occur. Therefore, anyone who thinks he or she has the omiscience of God, and can thereby proclaim the end of the world, automatically buys us more time. I think.

Because if I was God, and I heard some guy down on Earth spouting off about the end of the world, and getting people to sell all their posessions to hang out with him in some dank, dark cave somewhere waiting to say "I told you so" to everyone else, well even if I was PLANNING to destroy the world that day I think I would just say "never mind" and postpone until further notice. You know?

Harold is now 0 for 2 in his Doomsday predictions, going for 0-3 as he "moves" the date to December 21. What a great scheme! You keep moving the month a couple ahead, there are still enough people who are gullible enough to believe you and send you their money, then when it doesn't happen you explain it by saying "God is merciful."

Really? Because I don't need you to tell me that, Harold. And personally, I don't think you have a direct line to God's Day Planner, either.

So thank you Harold, and all your clueless little cohorts. I'm still here.

See you again December 22.

1 comment:

Debbie Tate said...

I'll be right there with you, Li'l Sis.